Preparation for Fig Sauce:
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and pinch of S/P, cook till translucent. 8 min.
- Next prepare the thyme by removing leaves from the stem. Add leaves to the pan mix with shallots heat for 1 min.
- Lower heat to med/low. Add red wine and beef stock, reduce by 1/3. 20 min.
- Note- Skip to Pork Loin prep and return
- Once reduced add the fig preserves, whisk together and bring to a low boil. Turn heat down to low and reduce to a syrup-like consistency 15-20 min.
- Note- for a think and chunky variation add a 1/2 Cup of diced figs and green apple
Preparation for Pork Loin:
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Lay the loin out on a meat-safe cutting board and pat dry with a paper towel. Score the fat side in a 1” diamond pattern. (It’s all for the presentation)
- Liberally salt and pepper on both sides. (If you have favorite savory pork or turkey seasoning use it too)
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a heavy-bottomed, oven-safe skillet (cast iron works best)
- Once the oil is hot, brown meat on both sides starting with the fat side down. 3-4 min. per side.
- Place in the oven on a middle rack with the fat said up. Cook to a 135° internal temp. 50 min.
- Slice the loin into 3/8” slices and drizzle with fig sauce.
- Rest for 3-5 minutes